Monday, March 9, 2009

The Holi transformation

Till my adolescence, I had never sniffed a bit about holi. Actually, this particular is simply absent in Tamilnadu. In the first year of my lucknow stint, I had known about Holi but wasn't prepared. Rather I don't have many personal friends. Those itchy colleagues suddenly appeared in the morning and just soaked the colors on my body. That was really embarrasing. I strongly supported the anti-holi mission then, that practically escapists try to emphasize upon....


1. Colours are harmful to health.
2. Yeh bacchon ka khel hai......
3. Teens tend to misbehave on the name of holi
4. The usage of Narcotic "Bang" is extensive and open....
may be even more. As I gradually socialized (in to the lucknow city), next year, I played a bit of holi with some of my friends. But in the third and fourth year, I'm one of the spiritfull and vigorous enthusiast of Holi. Beyond that, I started expecting (holi). The colors, the sweets, the drowsy bang, the mind numbing excitement..... all this make HOLI at LUCKNOW, an unforgettable experience.

We roam around the city in bikes, visit each other's home, play holi with their family members, fill the stomach with gujia and the fun was becoming unlimited.

Kolkata is not so good in celebrating Holi. I really missed the Lucknow kind of Holi. (May be I didn't get much time to socialize in Kolkata.)





I'm eagerly awaiting to witness the celebration this time (for the first time in Mumbai).

4 comments:

Anu Jayanth said...

Happy Holi :-)

Razigan said...

Thank u Anu and same to u.....

Rima Kaur said...

first of all, a very happy holi to you, your wife and kid! i hope you had an enjoyable day in bombay.

holi in UP is a different thing altogether, so i have heard!

colours arent harmful as long as you use safe and natural ones. organic. i would request you to use those in future. and we should all act kiddish once in a while :)

the narcotic is BHANG! not BANG. :P

Razigan said...

Thank U Rima....... and wish you the same to you, your family and inder.

I had a decent celebration here in mumbai.


OK I stand corrected on "bHang"