Monday, March 30, 2009

Back from the trip

Yeah!! I'm back. My trip to Faridabad, Kanpur and ankleshwar was nice and fascinating.
Yet, Not many insights.
I used to get lot of insights when I travel, many perennial misconceptions used to get cleared. one such insight is here....

On the way back to the hotel in faridabad from the factory, the tyre got punctured and the driver needed some time to change with spare one. I just rested on the shade near a hut, while speaking with the old man of the hut.

On the discussion, I came to know, that he is farmer by occupation. He has two cows also. The farm land behind the hut is owned by him.
The factory near the land has offered 1.5 crores for the land, but he has refused. He told that he don't know what to do with 1.5 crores cash, and he also added that, he need this land when he have to marry his (two) daughters. He said he is happy with dal roti, he is able to earn and he is living a satisfied life.
He doesn't go to movies or so. He doesn't have any vehicle. All his relations are in the sorrounding village. He works in the farm and live with his family.

It's as simple as that. But somehow, I couldn't digest..........

What do u say??

3 comments:

Rima Kaur said...

man, i would have taken the money! a farmer with two cows and a patch of land can never make 1.5 crore rupees in his lifetime, even if he slogs his ass off. but the money would be worthy only if it is invested properly. otherwise the two cows and patch of land are enough. :P

Razigan said...

That's correct, but what would I do if I get such a kind of money??

Lets say, I get 100 crores by luck. What I would do is invest 99 crores to make it 1000 later, and spend the one crore by what??
1. Eating more..... No
2. Dressing costly... No
3. stop working... Then what would I do in life??
4. Travel more... I might do. But how much will I do??

I'm confused at this point......

Rajiv said...

hota hai ,hota hai
sab ke sochne ka pana istyle hai yaar

thts the real life,man nd so satisfying